Now that Freestyle is here, the first thing I noticed was this is going to get pricey. This is likely to be the first of many posts on this topic as I’m a woman on a B-U-D-G-E-T.
I headed for our local Aldi and tried to find Freestyle (and WW in general) items that I could incorporate. The prices below are here in my area, but prices will vary depending on where you are in the country. Here are Aldi’s top 10 Weight Watchers finds:
- Beans of all kinds! Priced at $.55 per can (or $.89 if you want to go organic) you can use these to make a 0-point chili or top on a salad.
- Fit & Active Chicken Noodle Soup. $1.29 per can, this is a delicious lunch go-to in my house. Just 1 point for this filling meal.
- Turkey Pepperoni. $2.19 and you get 17 slices for 2 points. Can you say “HELLO PIZZA!”
- Tuna. $.64 per can and totally free in points. I use mine with a little light mayo and put it on top of crackers when I need a little protein throughout the day. It’s also fabulous with a little lemon and pepper on top of a salad or on nachos.
- Happy Farms Spreadable Cheese Wedges. $1.29 for 6 wedges (which is phenomenal given that in other grocery stores they’re at least double that price.) These nummies are 1 point for one wedge (or 3 points for 2 wedges).
- Sliced turkey. $2.99 for the container. It has about 12-15 slices and has 0 points!
- Eggs. $.59 for 12. This really needs no explanation!
- Fat Free Plain Yogurt (and Greek Yogurt). $1.89-$3.49 for 32 ounces.
- Seafood for days! Salmon, shrimp, ahi tuna, tilapia, crab. Priced way better than your mainstream grocery store and packaged individually to make meal planning a breeze.
- Frozen peas and corn. $.89 per bag. Stay away from the canned stuff. Frozen veggies are better for you and taste much fresher.
What’s your favorite Aldi find?
Now that Freestyle is here, the first thing I noticed was this is going to get pricey. This is likely to be the first of many posts on this topic as I'm a woman on a B-U-D-G-E-T. I headed for our local Aldi and tried to find Freestyle (and WW in general) items that I … Continue reading WW on an Aldi Budget – Top 10 Finds